Re: Queue Service

Hi Muriel,

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:04:20AM +0100, Muriel wrote:
> i'm completely new to openstack but i started working on something
> similar to eucalyptus. In the coming months we will begin a project
> to bring our work on openstack and share it with you.

Cool, looking forward to it!

> The idea is to make Haizea the scheduler for physical resources and
> queue, with the possibility to attach him an existing scheduler
> (Oracle Grid Engine, lfs and others) via plugin.

I read up on Haizea and I think this has more overlap with Nova and
the pluggable resource scheduler. The queue service is a bit more
lower level, something you use to build a scheduler, not necessarily
something that has the scheduling built in.

When you have it ready, definitely put it out there as folks may be
interested to see how it may fit into OpenStack.

-Eric