Re: Steps that can help stabilize Nova's trunk

I don't like that it currently only runs on ubuntu + the ppa. If it doesn't
work with existing versions I think we're doing something wrong. Even when
natty comes out, I don't like the idea of having to ensure I have latest
ubuntu for openstack to run.

As far as stability goes, i think integration testing is a great solution.
Hudson should run integration tests before it allows code into trunk. I also
think that code should be integration tested before it is reviewed since
hardware is cheaper than core-devs. "I'll review that once I'm sure it
works." The only issue I can see with the hudson running integration tests
is the way the testing environments are set up. There are so many options an
exhaustive list would just take forever. OP's 4th bullet point makes a lot
of sense here for catching bugs but I'm not sure how we could use these
environments to prevent bad code from landing in trunk. Possibly we end up
with an array of test clusters owned by different entities and hudson kicks
off the tests in parallel. This would be difficult to manage and we'd
probably end up with false negatives due to environments not being set up
correctly.