Re: Availability of RHEL build of Bexar release of OpenStack Nova

Ilya Alekseyev wrote:
> Thierry, we could propose libguestfs patch to trunk, but have concerns
> with it. First there is no libguestfs package for ubuntu and libguestfs
> people still looking for ubuntu mantainer
> (http://libguestfs.org/FAQ.html#binaries). We could create PPA if it
> will be enough for now, but for next openstack release official packages
> of libfuestfs will be necessary.

Oh, my bad. This was placed on the Ubuntu roadmap for some time now, so
I assumed it was done... But apparently this was postponed from Natty:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/cloud-server-n-kvm-and-hypervisor

So yes, it's not just a merge :)

> Next one is architectural: should we
> add new flag for choosing NBD/libguestfs?

Only if there are advantages left in using NBD...

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack