Re: Upload of Swift & Glance in Debian Experimental

On Sat, 28 May 2011 21:05:49 +0800
Thomas Goirand <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Luca,
>
> thanks for this prompt reply.

Hi,

As much as I would to keep the openstack packaging diff between Ubuntu
and Debian to a minimum, we are definitely going to be making changes
to the debian packaging for Ubuntu and creating a delta between the two
packages.

There are several reasons why we will be doing this:

- Openstack promotion to main - in oneiric we are going to be promoting
  openstack to main. Based on the feedback we receive from the main
  inclusion team we are going to make some changes to the debian
  packaging.

- Stabilization: In natty we did a weekly snapshot of nova so that
  users can test out features on an ongoing basis. It also allowed us
  to tell Soren and Thierry that program X is missing in the sudoers
  file. If we sync from Debian we will loose this feature that our
  users and developers in Ubuntu have used in the past.

- Feature support: For Ubuntu Cloud we are still determining which
  features that we want to support. An example of this if we want to
  support Xen as well as LXC or KVM. This might or might not cause a
  diff in the debian packaging.

With that being said I would be happy to work with the Debian Openstack
team, and contributing Ubuntu patches back into Debian when it makes
sense for Debian. If you have any questions please let me know.

Regards
chuck