Re: Cloud Computing StackExchange site proposal

Hi Anne,

thanks for bringing this up.

On Fri, 2011-11-18 at 12:38 -0600, Anne Gentle wrote:
>  a new possibility for Q&A.

I think we should have a better system for users to find answers to
their questions.  The number of users is increasing and the traffic on
this list is becoming hard for newcomers.

The objective of the Q&A system is to provide a place for users of
OpenStack to find answers about installing, operating and get started
developing Openstack.

Leaving aside naming the tools, what would be the most important
features to have? Here is my personal list, in no particular order:

* good search engine
* ability to promote question and best answer to FAQ
* good looking and nice to use
* custom domain (like ask.openstack.org)
* layout customizable, to give it the "openstack.org look"
* use Launchpad login
* possibility to turn question into bug report (nice to have)

anything else? Please focus on features, we'll shop around for tools at
later stage.

thanks,
stef