Re: Multinode installation (with devstack on the master)

It sounds like you are trying to use devstack for a production install,
this is not recommended. As the name implies, "devstack" is for a
development rather than production install of OpenStack..

You would be better off using either the native Ubuntu packages (unless you
plan on using keystone or horizon/dashboard[1]) or 3rd party or DIY native
packages..

I've created updated packages based on the Ubuntu ones that work for all
services, and scripted the install along the lines of devstack if they are
of any use to you, I keep them relatively up to date with the latest diablo
bug files:

Packages @ https://launchpad.net/~managedit/+archive/openstack
Scripts @ https://github.com/managedit/openstack-setup

Note 1: The Oneiric keystone/dashboard packages do not currently work. The
Ubuntu guys are working to fix this, but I don't believe the fixed packages
have landed yet. Some of them are on this list, they can correct me if I'm
wrong, or maybe provide an ETA. To reiterate: If you do not plan to
use keystone/dashboard, then the stock Ubuntu Oneiric packages are fine.

Thanks,
Kiall