Re: nova/puppet blueprint, and some questions

On 1/26/12 11:30 AM, Tim Bell wrote:
Looks interesting.

I wonder if it can be made more generic so that it would satisfy a similar
set of requirements for Chef (or whatever else comes along).  I would
suspect that the general requirements for tables etc. are not puppet
specific, although the implementations may vary.

That's certainly an appealing idea. I'm reading up about chef right now; am I correct in understanding that a recipe is analogous to a class, and an attribute analogous to a variable? If so then the tables and API are most likely the same. Might be, in fact, that the nova drivers would even be the same and the only difference is in the guest agent.

So I just have to think of some generic names for this stuff in the blueprint :)

-Andrew