Re: E4 - And So It Begins!

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Jesse Andrews <anotherjesse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We are excited about the awesome work done by everyone to make E3 a
> feature freeze.  Now it is time to roll up our sleeves.

w00t

I will be down in Austin participating in the Bug Squash Day with Anne
G and others :)

> To support the stabilization, here is what our team is focusing on.
> Please help by running OpenStack and reporting bugs, submitting
> patches, reviewing code, writing docs :)
>
> Bug Squash Day
> ------------------------
>
> We are doing a number of things in preparation for the Bug Squash day
> on Thursday.
>
> * Triaging bugs - hopefully all bugs will have a priority by Thursday
> * Tagging bugs with low-hanging-fruit if we feel that they are
> relatively easy fixes - This will give the folks that are new to the
> code base a place to get their feet wet:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=low-hanging-fruit

Same goes for Glance:

 https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bugs?field.tag=low-hanging-fruit

I'll add more low-hanging-fruit tags in the next couple days.

> * Preparing step-by-step documentation for installing a dev
> environment, getting set up with the CLA and gerrit, assigning
> yourself a bug and fixing it:
> http://wiki.openstack.org/BugSquashingDay

Awesome.

> * Creating OpenStack VMs for people to use at the SF Bug Squash Day
> Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/openstack/events/48362422/
>
> Tempest & DevStack
> --------------------------------
>
> Like peanut butter and (dark) chocolate - tempest and devstack go
> great together.  Jay Pipes shared a presentation about getting started
> with the OpenStack QA [1] using both of the projects together.
>
> As we go towards Essex release, we hope that everyone will help with
> testing!  Adding support to devstack for features you added/need &
> adding integration tests to Tempest.  DevStack has a collection of
> "exercises" which exercise the official CLI tools against your
> deployment, but for depth of tests we recommend working with tempest
> project.

Thank you very much for the shout-out. OpenStack QA team meets
Wednesday at 16:00 UTC. We will make sure that all bugs reports are
prioritized and that the status of all open bugs are up to date before
Thursday.