openstack team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Swift 1.4.6 release
I'm happy to announce that swift 1.4.6 has been released today. We've added
some great new features in this release and fixed several outstanding bugs. The
full changelog is below, but I'd like to highlight a few key points.
Swift 1.4.6 includes new middleware that adds the ability to upload objects to
a swift cluster using an HTML form POST. Now you can create a form on a
webpage that will directly upload content into a swift cluster without the need
to proxy the traffic through your webserver. You can find documentation for
this middleware at http://swift.openstack.org/misc.html#module-swift.common.middleware.formpost.
In conjunction with the FormPOST middleware, we also now have a TempURL
middlware that allows you to use URLs with temporary access to objects. Read
the docs at http://swift.openstack.org/misc.html#module-swift.common.middleware.tempurl.
For operational simplicity, we have added an option that use a memcache.conf
file instead of duplicating an option value in several config files; see
As always, existing swift clusters can be upgraded to swift 1.4.6 in-place with
no client downtime.
Swift docs: http://swift.openstack.org
Swift code: http://github.com/openstack/swift
Openstack swift PPAs: https://launchpad.net/~swift-core/+archive/release
* TempURL and FormPost middleware added
* Added memcache.conf option
* Dropped eval-based json parser fallback
* Properly lose all groups when dropping privileges
* Fix permissions when creating files
* Fixed bug regarding negative Content-Length in requests
* Consistent formatting on Last-Modified response header
* Added timeout option to swift-recon
* Allow arguments to be passed to nosetest
* Removed tools/rfc.sh
* Other minor bug fixes
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature