Re: Notifiers

Venkat and Monsyne, feel free to coordinate with Jason Koelker and Mark McLoughlin (cc'd) on the openstack-common stuff (which I very much support!)

Best,
-jay

On 03/13/2012 01:19 AM, Swaminathan Venkataraman wrote:
Hi,
I'd be happy to take a stab at that. I guess, the process would be to
move the code that we have in glance to openstack-common and change
glance accordingly. I would then have to modify nova to use code in
openstack-common. Let mek know.
thanks,
Venkat

    <mailto:jaypipes@xxxxxxxxx>>  wrote:

     >>> It is a surprise that the code is different for event notifications
     >>> between Nova and Glance. I believe the same developer (Johannes
     >>> Erdfelt) did them both. And I think his plan was to put the code
     >>> into the openstack-common library.
     >>>
     >>> Johannes, thoughts?
     >>
     >> I only did the work for Glance and it was based on the Nova code
    at the
     >> time. I guess the code has diverged in the 7 months since I did that
     >> work.
     >
     > Ah, my mistake, thanks for the heads up.
     >
     >> I'm fine with getting it into common code, but I have no plans
    to do it
     >> myself.
     >
     > OK.
     >
     > Yes, I too would be perfectly happy to see the code moved to
    openstack-common.

     > Anybody interested in taking on that task?

    I did the nova notification framework, and much of the
    notifications.  I've noticed that the glance notifications were not
    quite the same format as nova, and I've been doing work to fix that.
    IMHO, putting this in openstack.common is A Really Good Idea.   I'd
    be happy to take on that task.

     > -jay

            Monsyne M. Dragon
            OpenStack/Nova