Re: OpenStack Installation Woes - Need re-assurance and help.

Hi Kevin,

I like suggest you to start with devstack first. It is the shortest
way if you like to deploy a working openstack on a single machine
(takes just a few minutes). Anyway if you like to see a different
deployment scenario, it requires a proper planning and more time. In
the last two days I've deployed Essex and Diablo using devstack, both
of them works well.

Essex on Ubuntu 12.04 Precise
requires a server deployment with openssh enabled

as root user:
adduser stack
apt-get install sudo -y
echo "stack ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL" >> /etc/sudoers

after that, login as stack user:

sudo apt-get install git -y
git clone git://github.com/cloudbuilders/devstack.git
cd devstack

create localrc file:
LIBVIRT_TYPE=qemu
FLOATING_RANGE=192.168.122.224/28
FIXED_RANGE=10.0.0.0/24
FIXED_NETWORK_SIZE=256
FLAT_INTERFACE=eth0

You can comment out LIBVIRT_TYPE, I used this flag, because it was
deployed inside a kvm server.

I needed to modify the files/apts/glance file, and comment out the
python-argparse line, because it was provided by python himself, and
deployment stopped due an dependency issue.

python-eventlet
python-routes
python-greenlet
#python-argparse
python-sqlalchemy
python-wsgiref
python-pastedeploy
python-xattr
python-iso8601

After that, just start stack.sh:
FORCE=yes ./stack.sh

It will deploy the entire stack after a few minutes, and display
access accounts and urls for dashboard and api.

Diablo is the same process as above, with the following differences:
- deployed on oneiric server
- don't need to hack files/apt/glance
- requires an extra package if you like to use vncproxy, so don't
forget to apt-get install python-numpy.

My experience that success depends on proper OS environment and
openstack component configuration.

Regards,
  Márton Kiss, CTO
  Xemeti