Re: [SWIFT] Looking for an approach to attach an account or a container in operating system . Like a NAS of SAN driver.

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 23:57:59 +0800
Kuo Hugo <tonytkdk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What if user can attach their own account from swift-proxy (or something
> else) directly via NFS or CIFS  or iscsi target will be much better.

Would it not be easier to use an actual filesystem for that, like
GlusterFS? I don't quite see the point of layering a filesystem
API adaptor on top of Swift. Since applications that import a
filesystem API expect filesystem characteristics, performance is
going to be fragile at best.

-- Pete