Re: Moving nova.rpc into openstack.common

On Apr 3, 2012, at 8:00 AM, Russell Bryant wrote:
[…]

> 3) nova.local
>
> This looks like a good candidate for moving to openstack-common and
> switching all usage of nova.local to be openstack.common.local.

Yeah, this one might be kind of weird, because it's used to set the 'nova context', and I'm not sure it actually applies to Openstack generically.

[…]

> 5) nova.context
>
> I haven't looked at this one in detail, yet.  We'll have to sort out
> what to do with RequestContext.  I see in the message from Swaminathan
> Venkataraman that both openstack-common and nova have RequestContext,
> but there's more code in the nova version.  I suppose we should look at
> making the openstack-common version sufficient for nova and then switch
> nova to it.

Hm.  I wonder if we need some sort of serialize/deserialize callbacks or something so that nova can encode/decode the context that's passed… and not have any of this context stuff be a part of openstack-common.  Just a random thought without looking or thinking about it too much. :)
[…]

- Chris