Re: Moving nova.rpc into openstack.common

On 05/07/2012 04:08 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> On 05/07/2012 03:40 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>> The metering project will probably want to take advantage of this work.
>> How far along is it, and how can we help?
>
> I can speak to the nova.rpc part, at least.
>
> I've been working on it some with hopes of having it done by folsom-1.
> I would be happy to have help on it, though, as I have some other things
> I'm working on at the same time.
>
> Take a look at nova/rpc/*.py.  Anywhere you see an import from nova that
> isn't nova.openstack.common is a dependency on nova that must be removed
> before the code can move to openstack-common.

Another thing that would be useful is providing feedback on this feature
branch:

    https://github.com/russellb/nova/tree/bp/versioned-rpc-apis

which is for this blueprint:

    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/versioned-rpc-apis

I'd like to get this finished before moving rpc to openstack-common,
since I would hope that all new usage of rpc would use versioned APIs.

--
Russell Bryant