Re: RFC: Plugin framework draft

Hi Andrew,

On Thu, 2012-05-17 at 15:32 -0500, Andrew Bogott wrote:
> I would appreciate comments on the nascent Nova plugin framework
> that I'm working on.  My Nova code is in a fairly modern forked branch here:
>
> https://github.com/andrewbogott/nova/tree/plugin
>
>      I've also written two example plugins, which live here:
>
> https://github.com/andrewbogott/novawikiplugins
>
>      The two plugins in that repo implement actual features that we need
> here at Wikimedia Labs -- One of them is an implementation of shared
> volumes similar to the one I presented at the design summit.

This isn't so much of a comment on your plugin work, but do those two
plugins make sense as plugins?

  - I'd love to see a "Filesystems as a Service" service in OpenStack
    similar to Cinder. Wouldn't it make more sense as a new service?

  - The wikistatus plugin uses notifications; why can't it be external
    to nova and pull notifications from the message bus?

Cheers,
Mark.