Re: storage backend for nova

Hi,

I'm sure if I understand everything but let me give a try.
By default, the compute nodes store virtual instances in
/var/lib/nova/instances/. Of course it's part of the compute node local FS.
If you want to store this directory somewhere else, use a DFS like
GlusterFS or even Ceph or a SAN.
Also don't forget that you *can't *use Swift for storing your virtual
instances.

Hope it is what you asked for.

Cheers.