Re: Is there any way to migrate the Instance between the projects/tenants?

Hi,

What I will do to achieve what you want:

_ take a snapshot of your instance
_ export the snapshot from wherever it's stored (filesystem for instance)
_ import it to Glance, make the image to public or assign it to the tenant
(not 100% sure if the latest is possible though...)
_ run a new vm with the based image previously created

Some steps could be avoided like step 2 and 3. You could use the admin user
to snapshot and then run the snapshot from the other tenan. However it's
NOT recommended.

Cheers.

On Nov 29, 2012 7:47 AM, "Tim Bell" <Tim.Bell@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> We were also interested in this function but could not find an easy way
to do it.

> The operation becomes more complex when there are attached volumes and
potentially different permissions between the two projects.

> Tim

openstack-bounces+tim.bell=cern.ch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lei
Zhang
> Sent: 29 November 2012 06:09
> To: openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [Openstack] Is there any way to migrate the Instance between the
projects/tenants?

> Hi all,
>

> As the subject say, is there any way to do this? I search the Internet
and only found the migration bewteen two physical machine.