Re: Audio card for libvirt/kvm in folsom

Daniel,
let me explain what I'm trying to do.
I'm trying to setup a simple virtual desktop infrastructure on the top of OpenStack using both Windows (7 only atm) and Linux guests.

On Linux the missing audio board wouldn't be a problem since I'm planning to use freeNX or x2go that in turn use an esound remote tcp connection through ssh.
For windows guests (which I'm not an expert on) without an audio card installed I'm facing the following problem: for some remote desktop clients (CORD on OsX and Mocha RDP on iOS, for instance) seems there is no way to enable sound if the guest isn't configured with an audio card. Other rdp solutions (like the Microsoft RDC on OsX) use a "remote audio" device that make audio output work but there is no way to "enable" audio recording.
A sound board like ich6 makes audio works as expected.

In order to have a working simple VD solution I'll try to hack the code of nova to add a sound card.

Thanks again,
 Davide.