Re: keystone question - Solved

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 6:25 PM, Miller, Mark M (EB SW Cloud - R&D -
Corvallis) <mark.m.miller@xxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hello Dolph,****
>
> ** **
>
> I was able to get the openstackclient installed after combining
> information from several wiki pages and modifying the install commands to
> use the current paths. I have a few more clarification questions if you
> don’t mind:****
>
> ** **
>
> - keystoneclient currently provides a python client library for both
> Identity API v2 and v3****
>
> - keystoneclient currently provides a command line interface for Identity
> API v2 -- but will not do so for Identity API v3****
>
> **·         **So then I will not see the new v3 Keystone commands for
> groups or domains in the keystoneclient CLI?

No, we don't have any plans to expose Identity API v3 features in
keystoneclient.

> ****
>
> - openstackclient is working towards providing a unified CLI for all
> openstack projects, by consuming their python client libraries****
>
> **·         **So then I will see the new v3 Keystone commands for groups
> and domains in the openstackclinet CLI? The reason I ask is because after
> installing the openstackclient I still do not see the new commands. I can
> get to them from curl or from a REST client, but not from the command line
> interface.

Yes. There are still several major changes in review, and the effort is
still ramping up, relatively speaking. The clients do not follow the same
release cycle as the services, so we're lagging on client-side support.