Re: Fun with OpenStack Grizzly install...

On Mar 5, 2013, at 5:53 PM, Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The "service catalog" refers to a subset of keystone's interface that provides a catalog of services and endpoints to authenticated API users. It's the computed result of your service-list and endpoint-list and it's how those users find all the other OpenStack services, like nova and glance.

Ahh, okay.  Now it makes sense.  You shouldn't expect to see the word "catalog" as one of the services returned by the output from "keystone service-list", the catalog in question is actually the data that is being returned by such commands.

> In your case, all or most of your endpoints are wrong (they all contain /v2/ which I'm not sure is correct for any service?), so `glance index` probably can't find glance at all.

Aw, crap.  I just followed the example from the page at <http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/apt/content/osfolubuntu-identityservice.html> for the nova-api entry, and then re-used that same example for all the other endpoints that were created.  Now I see that various endpoints are slightly different in the way they might specify which particular version of the API is being used, if they specify any API version at all.

D'oh!

> I generally refer to keystone's sample_data.sh script for a generally idea of what the endpoints should look like:
>
>   https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/master/tools/sample_data.sh

Ahh, yes.  That would have been a good tool to know about.

I'll go delete all the keystone endpoints and re-create them, based on this tool.

Thanks again!

--
Brad Knowles <bknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Senior Consultant