Re: Tempest for Integration testing of Openstack (FOLSOM)

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 8:01 PM, Jay Pipes <jaypipes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 03/12/2013 12:55 AM, Girija Sharan wrote:
> > Hi Masayuki,
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your early response.
> >
> > I am using Openstack Folsom and not Devstack.
> >
> > I am not getting how to integrate Tempest for Folsom. As you mentioned
> > there is tempest.conf.sample file but in that there is a field which
> > requires path to nova source directory (source_dir = /opt/stack/nova).
> > What path I have to give for Folsom setup?
>
> That part of the configuration file is for whitebox tests. If you are
> running Tempest on a controller node that has the Nova API service
> installed on it, set the value to the location of the Nova source code.
> If you leave it as-is the whitebox tests will simply be skipped.
>
> > Is
> > this
> https://github.com/openstack/tempest/blob/stable/folsom/etc/tempest.conf.samplefile
> > for Folsom ?
>
> Yes, whatever is in the folsom stable branch is intended for execution
> against Folsom OpenStack deployments.
>
> But the tests in *tempest-stable-folsom/tempest/tests/network *are not
running in Folsom with Quantum. All other tests are running fine.
Someone said that this stable-folsom release of tempest is not for testing
Quantum in Folsom.
Is it true ? If yes then how do I test my Quantum in Folsom deployment
using Tempest ?

Thanks and Regards,
Girija Sharan Singh

Best,