From: Maru Newby [mailto:marun@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 1:23 PM
To: C, Yuling
Cc: openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openstack] anyone has a sample quantum.conf file that configures a valid quantum.log file?

It is not possible to retrieve the physical mac port as you desire via Quantum's API.  The mapping of physical NIC to virtual NIC is plugin-specific and not exposed, though it can obviously be discovered manually.

What use-case are you thinking of that requires discovery of the physical mac that is transiting traffic for a given VM?