Re: [OPENSTACK] VMs don't start on host machine reboot (Grizzly over Ubuntu 13.04)

seems like the roog disk is not a bootable device, you may need to check the vda/xvda device in libvirt XML config file is bootable or not.

2013-05-14

Wangpan

发件人:Nikhil Mittal
发送时间:2013-05-14 15:59
主题:[Openstack] [OPENSTACK] VMs don't start on host machine reboot (Grizzly over Ubuntu 13.04)
收件人:"openstack"<openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
抄送:

Hello,
I recently installed Grizzly (single-node) on Ubuntu 13.04 on x86 64 bit having two physical NICs. I posted about the networking issues that I was facing after the installation in an earlier post.
Well, while I was debugging the networking issue, I came across a more serious issue -- my host machine got rebooted (power-cycle) and on reboot I see that my two VMs are shown in "shut-off" Status and "shut-down" Power state in the Dashboard GUI. The options available to me are only "soft reboot", "hard reboot", "terminate instance", "Disassociate Floating IP" and "Edit Instance". I did first "soft reboot" and the console shows "No bootable device". Then i tried "Hard reboot" and again the same message "No bootable device".
I checked that all services are running fine and there are no error messages in the logs for nova, quantum, etc.

I followed installation instructions based on the following link:
https://github.com/mseknibilel/OpenStack-Grizzly-Install-Guide/blob/OVS_SingleNode/OpenStack_Grizzly_Install_Guide.rst

Thanks,
Nikhil