Re: security blueprint related to os binaries

I think it will become more fragile because (despite over a decade of
trying to standardize these things), not all the distros put their binaries
in the same places -- for example, I have seen brctl live in /sbin,
/usr/sbin, and /usr/bin. It is much easier to sanity-check (or allow for
customization of) $PATH in one place (hi there Oslo devs!) and rely on
having a sane path everywhere else than to hardcode all the exernal binary
calls and have to deal with the inevitable bugs that will arise from
utilities living in different directories in different distros.  Of
os.execvp and friends randomly decide to stop using PATH (and only PATH) to
find executables we are in much deeper trouble anyways.