Re: [Cinder] Re: Multiple machines hosting cinder-volumes with Folsom ?

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 2:47 AM, Sylvain Bauza <sylvain.bauza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  Thanks Jerome for the clarification.
> I just posted out a blogpost for adding a Second volume to Cinder in
> Folsom [3]. Maybe it could be merged with the official Folsom Ubuntu Cinder
> documentation ? There is only H/A aspects that are mentioned by now.
>
> Someone from the documentation team ? Could you please point me out some
> materials for committing a new doc for that ?

Hi Sylvain,
Would love to have an update for clarity. Since it affects just the
stable/folsom branch of openstack-manuals, and there was no separate Block
Storage Admin manual at that point in time, you'll want to update the
Volumes chapter within the Compute Admin manual. To do so, follow the
instructions on http://wiki.openstack.org/Documentation/HowTo. As an
outline of the steps:
Git clone the openstack-manuals repository.
Checkout a new branch based on remotes/origin/stable/folsom.
Make your edits in
https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals/blob/stable/folsom/doc/src/docbkx/openstack-compute-admin/computevolumes.xml
.
Git commit, git review, we'll review the patch and publish.

If that's all a bit too much, we can work on it from your blog entry, I've
created this doc bug to track the work:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1187400. Feel free to
assign yourself.
Thanks!