Re: [HyperV][xen] Porting Windows disk_image from xen to HyperV

Hi Bruno,

During the first boot after sysprep, Windows disinstalls and reinstall drivers based on PNP, but this is unfortunately having issues on XenServer/XCP so our Cloudbase-Init unattend.xml used during sysprep avoids removing the drivers on boot.

We still have to test a XenServer/XCP image booted on Hyper-V, but it's IMO a feasible way to go.

Best,

Alessandro

On May 10, 2013, at 18:31 , Peter Pouliot <ppouliot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ppouliot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

>From a driver wise perspective.   Windows has the hyper-v bits baked in to achieve partial paravirtualization/enlightment.   The problem obviously is moving the data from one virtual disk format to another.

In theory

Peter J. Pouliot, CISSP
Senior SDET, OpenStack

Microsoft
New England Research & Development Center
One Memorial Drive,Cambridge, MA 02142
PPOULIOT@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:PPOULIOT@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> | Tel: +1(857) 453 6436