Re: custom url for openstack dashboard

On 24/06/13 08:07, Anshul Gangwar wrote:
> Hi JuanFra,
>
> This is not solving my problem. I want a solution where urls are
> relative to certain fixed string  say os.
>
> Currently I can either make them relative by making changes in
> settings.py or absolute.
>
> for example when I see page source I can see urls are of form
>
> /static/*
> /auth/*
>
> what I want is that when these urls are returned to browser, they are
> prefixed with some string like
>
> /os/static/*
> /os/auth/*
>
> this os string is added on the fly i.e. these urls are absolute, but
> relative to certain fixed string.
>
>  Thanks,
> Anshul

What I have done in rpm packages is:
(from httpd.conf)
WSGIScriptAlias /dashboard
/usr/share/openstack-dashboard/openstack_dashboard/wsgi/django.wsgi
Alias /static /usr/share/openstack-dashboard/static

and also required:
(from /usr/share/openstack-dashboard/openstack_dashboard/settings.py:

WEBROOT = '/dashboard'
LOGIN_URL = WEBROOT + '/auth/login/'
LOGOUT_URL = WEBROOT + '/auth/logout/'
# LOGIN_REDIRECT_URL can be used as an alternative for
# HORIZON_CONFIG.user_home, if user_home is not set.
# Do not set it to '/home/', as this will cause circular redirect loop
LOGIN_REDIRECT_URL = WEBROOT

MEDIA_ROOT = os.path.abspath(os.path.join(ROOT_PATH, '..', 'media'))
MEDIA_URL = '/media/'
STATIC_ROOT = os.path.abspath(os.path.join(ROOT_PATH, '..', 'static'))
STATIC_URL = '/static/'
ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = '/static/admin/'

This whole stuff maps the dashboard to /dashboard. You're free to change
/dashboard to whatever you like. (the wsgiscriptalias  and also WEBROOT
needs to be changed).

This implies, that you can accept to have static media mapped to /static.

Matthias