Re: [openstack-dev] How to deploy OpenStack on thousands of nodes?

We minimized the  impact of this by creating a small subnet that just had
the switch address, host addresses and vrrp address in it.
It seems a feasible solution for us.

>>We avoided pacemaker in this particular instance because the keepalived
setup and configuration was so very simple - only a couple of lines in a
config file, and because we didn't need any of the other available HA
features.

Actually this is also the reason we chose keepalived.