Re: DHCP problem in grizzly

Hi,

Unfortunately i was bussy with some other topics regarding the current
project im involved in, but I'm still trying to solve this issue.

A shot status update regarding dnsmasq issues we discovered:
-dnsmasq developers don't see the possibility that the behaviour we are
experiencing is caused by dnsmasq.
-I had some interesting discussions with some of the developers at my
office regarding the hostsfile and it's usage. We concluded with the
assumption that this behaviour may be caused by an old file handle. So
that dnsmasq is still reading old data from disc and not the updated
hostsfile.
-The next steps will be to check the filesystem handle of the hostfile
during runtime. One Option for a solution is to try to do an  filesystem
sync bevor sighuping dnsmasq. Another option is to change the filesystem
on which the hostfile resides.

I hope with information we're able to hunt this problem down soon. I
would appreciate any help.

Best regards

Thomas

--