Re: Memory meters from ceilometer

Hi Jobin,

As explained earlier, the existing memory and disk.* meters are
not measures of utilization in the classic sense (i.e. the % of an
existing limited resource currently used and available).

If you simply want to know the quantum of memory allocated to the
instance by the hypervisor, then the existing memory meter is fine.

Similarly if all you need to know is ephermal disk size or the rate
of read/write IOPs, then the existing disk.* meters address this.

If on the other hand you want to know how much free memory or unused
diskspace remains available to processes running on the instance, then
this would require new meters as I explained earlier on this thread.

Cheers,
Eoghan