openstore-team team mailing list archive

Submission to OpenStore: Seabass code editor

Hello OpenStore team,

I'd like to submit new application - Seabass code editor - to OpenStore.
The app is already available in Ubuntu Store (
https://uappexplorer.com/app/seabass.mikhael) but it's restricted to
read/edit files only in it's own directory at *.local/share/seabass.mikhael*.
I'd like to upload the same app but with unconfined AppArmor template.
It'll give app unrestricted access to user's Home directory. Hence users
will be able to read/edit any files in Home directory.

Application sources are available on GitHub:
https://github.com/milikhin/seabass/releases/latest.
Ubuntu SDK is not required to build .click package, instead of it latest
Cordova for Ubuntu is used.
Complete build instructions are available on GitHub:
https://github.com/milikhin/seabass/blob/master/building.md.

Since within Cordova framework AppArmor profile is generated automatically
during the build process, I don't have permanent *.apparmor* and
*.apparmor.openstore* files. The app uses standard Cordova AppArmor profile
but with additional hak (
https://github.com/milikhin/seabass/blob/master/building.md#31-patch-for-an-unconfined-version)
to set template to Unconfined.

Please, send me a message if you have any questions about app or build
process.

Best regards,
Mikhael Milikhin

Follow ups