oqgraph-dev team mailing list archive

Re: OQgraph

Hi Antony

> Apologies about the delay…

Good to see the progress though - I tend to just get a tad worried when you disappear for a bit, communication is good!

Did you guys spot the mailing list (oqgraph-dev on launchpad)?
Easiest to send stuff there, then we all see it without cc hassles.

> I have uploaded my current tree to Launchpad..
> https://code.launchpad.net/~atcurtis/maria/10.0-oqgraph3

Awesome - I presume it builds and runs ok in terms of basics?

I'll tell Rasmus @ Monty Program about this development, as we discussed it on a Skype call some time ago.
I just didn't want to tell "we're doing this" until we actually had v3 in a 10.0 branch.

Andrew, when you branch from Antony's work, and push your chances, please put it in the oqgraph project. It'll still be recognised as a Branch off the Maria tree, but it'll enable us to do more with it.

> Footnote: an external USB hard drive connected to a 2010 Macbook Air
> is not the best place to put MySQL - it tends to max out a process
> called mdworker which I believe is responsible for transferring data
> between USB attached storage and the kernel. =-)

Consequence of microkernel design, slow I/O.

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Australian peace of mind for your MySQL/MariaDB infrastructure.

Follow us at http://openquery.com/blog/ & http://twitter.com/openquery

Follow ups