oqgraph-dev team mailing list archive

test suite progress, merging with MariaDB 10 before feature freeze

Hi Andrew, Antony, all

I wrote a stored proc to generate a dataset in a deterministic way. Any dataset would otherwise become too large to sanely live in the MariaDB source tree...

What I'm not entirely certain about is whether the algorithms oqgraph use are entirely deterministic.
That is, with latch=1 it does Dijkstra's shortest path. But what method does it use to find the first steps... if that for instance depends on row order in the backing table, it might see a different row at different times.
That's technically fine as it merely needs to find A shortest path, not a specific one.
But it would make testsuite stuff complicated.
Thoughts on this?

Secondly, if we are done with the big stuff within the next few weeks, we can get it merged into MariaDB 10 before feature freeze. I think we're actually fairly close to that point.

I would like to see the latch column changed to VARCHAR as a matter of urgency.
Andrew, is that something you're willing to try and tackle?

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Australian peace of mind for your MySQL/MariaDB infrastructure.

Follow us at http://openquery.com/blog/ & http://twitter.com/openquery

Follow ups