oqgraph-dev team mailing list archive

Summary of recent work

Hiya,

Abstract - two features documented for v2 seem to be broken:
(a) latch=NULL returns empty instead of the same as select * from graph;
(b) djikstras and origid=N returns weight==0 instead of hop count

I'm guessing (b) is a blocker, the rest might be OK?

Detail -

I fixed the #if0 case, this got originating vertices working (resolved bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/oqgraph/+bug/1196027)

I have changed 'no_search' to ''.  After re-reading the v2 spec I figured
'vertices' didnt cover all cases so I didnt add that as an alias after all.

I have fixed a couple of bugs, and found some more.

I have finally worked through all the test coverage.

I have extended basic test based on http://openquery.com/graph/doc

So we have coverage now of:

- basic.test - the cases listed there for no_search, djikstras and
breadth_first, etc.

- boundary_conditions.test - error checking of unexpected NULLs or bad latch
values, etc

- create_attr.test - table construction errors

- legacy_upgrade.test - some sanity coverage of upgrading existing databases
using integer latches

- regression_1195735 - regression test for when that bug gets fixed, currently
triggers bug and fails

- regression_1134355 - regression test for when that bug gets fixed, currently
triggers bug and fails

- social.test - updated to use varchar latch as well
  -- note, I dont know what the correct results are, so there is no guarantee
the result I recorded is correct... although I am not sure it is quite right?
  -- specifically, 'how many possible destinations from here' is returning the
size of he social graph used?

So we can remember where we are at I addded bugs covering variances in the
test cases (commented out / odd results) and cross referenced to launchpad in
the test file

Summary of those:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/oqgraph/+bug/1196036 - djikstras 0 weights
https://bugs.launchpad.net/oqgraph/+bug/1196021 - how should NULL latch behave