oqgraph-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Slackware was Re: OQGraphv3 for MariaDB 5.5

Hi Andrew, Heinz

On 16/09/13 23:32, Andrew McDonnell wrote:
just an update, but I just was made aware of an alternative approach I
didn't think of - to backport - copy the storage/oqgraph directory - over
the top of 5.5.32 for debian (see prior list message thread with Tom Marble)

The patches in my branches at https://github.com/andymc73/pkg-mariadb
achieve this.

Perhaps this might work for Slackware?

If it works really well then hopefully Arjen will be able to get it pushed
back to upstream 5.5.32

I'm not sure that's a winner - doing a complete engine replacement in a current production line... that's why we were working on 10.0

Although I still intend to learn how to do an out of tree build when I get
some time...

I tend to not bother - plugin builds are very sensitive to any build switches and environment.

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Exec.Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Australian peace of mind for your MySQL/MariaDB infrastructure.

Follow us at http://openquery.com/blog/ & http://twitter.com/openquery