oqgraph-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Slackware was Re: OQGraphv3 for MariaDB 5.5

On Tuesday 17 September 2013 13:41:46 Arjen Lentz wrote:
> Hi Andrew, Heinz
>
> On 16/09/13 23:32, Andrew McDonnell wrote:
> > just an update, but I just was made aware of an alternative approach I
> > didn't think of - to backport - copy the storage/oqgraph directory - over
> > the top of 5.5.32 for debian (see prior list message thread with Tom
> > Marble)
> >
> > The patches in my branches at https://github.com/andymc73/pkg-mariadb
> > achieve this.
> >
> > Perhaps this might work for Slackware?
> >
> > If it works really well then hopefully Arjen will be able to get it pushed
> > back to upstream 5.5.32
>
> I'm not sure that's a winner - doing a complete engine replacement in a
> current production line... that's why we were working on 10.0

Yeah, I'm not sure the MariaDB devs would go for that either.

> > Although I still intend to learn how to do an out of tree build when I get
> > some time...
>
> I tend to not bother - plugin builds are very sensitive to any build
> switches and environment.

It seems to work fine for pinba, and they do very little modifications on the
build system code. So I doubt that's that much of an issue.

For now we "solved" this on our end by reverting the commit in boost that
causes the failure, but that's of course not a permanent solution, and most
likely won't work for other distributions like Debian or Mageia.

Grs,
Heinz