oqgraph-dev team mailing list archive

What to do about oqgraph v3 (10.0, Slackware, Debian, etc)

Hello Arjen, Tom, Heinz

sorry I didnt get back sooner, I was busy with work this week since Monday.

I probably need to let OttoK know the outcome of this discussion soon as well.

Current status:

I have my bzr branch building with oqgraph v3 against lp:maria/10.0, and
passing the current test suite, and the exact same code, in my github fork of
pkg-mariadb, building and passing the current test suite on 5.5.32

I would suggest that we propose our branch for merging into 10.0 now.  Most of
the remaining bugs in bzr are still NEW yet are quite old and maybe apply to
v2, they need triaging properly.  As for the bugs against the tets suite, I
feel these can be closed and specific issues raised if anyone discovers areas
the test coverage is lacking.

Arjen and Heinz are unsure that replacing the engine in 5.5.32 is a good idea,
as this is a production version for Slackware.

But at the same time Tom after talking to Arjen proposed backporting the
engine into Debian Unstable 5.5.32 (this led me to get it working, it turned
out to be a relatively simple task in the end.)  And of course I already did a
pull request to ottok/pkg-mariadb ( and I think I may have done it incorrectly
for Debian to boot O_o )

Would the difference be because the Slackware packaging proposal is for
imminent release whereas Debian Unstable is, well, Unstable?

I assume here you are worried about existing deployments using oqgraphv2
suddenly finding themselves using oqgraphv3, and although I built a backwards
compatibility mode into v3, it is probably not obvious or automatic to enable
this and is only moderately tested (and changing the latch from int to varchar
is a fundamental variance in the interface)

Sorry if I managed to cause some confusion!  It will be good when we finally
get it out

--Andrew

--

http://blog.oldcomputerjunk.net