oqgraph-dev team mailing list archive

Re: The oqgraph memory / threading problem is still kicking around, and I will need some help

OK thanks, Antony

In the meantime I think I had a breakthru, althought it might not be 'right'!

I worked out that I had to set the 'edges' aka graph->_table->in_use to current_thd on entry to some methods and the crash seems to go away. I eventually stumbled on that after quite lot of tracing code through the guts of mariadb, and a red herring thinking we should be using a Handler_share (we may well should still be, but that actualy seems to not be the cause of the crash)

I dont actually know yet what any other ramifications of that might be... it seems odd that MariaDB uses C++ but has public fields on classes that anthing can set, I find that the intended interface is not really that well documented and has to be guessed by looking at other code

--Andrew