oqgraph-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Serious use after free bug

On Thursday 21 August 2014 22:01:13 Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 August 2014 21:46:48 Andrew McDonnell wrote:
> > Hello Heinz
> >
> > sorry for not getting back sooner,  I have been extra busy with paid work
> > and preparing conference talks and just life the last couple of months
>
> I figured as much :)
>
> > I do remember the problem was I more or less worked out what was going
> > wrong but without a lot of additional research I was unsure how to really
> > fix the problem
> >
> > I will probably need to talk to Arjen to get some assistance from more
> > active MariaDB developers, and I may have some time over the next month as
> > things ease off a little
>
> I'll be happy to continue helping as much as I can. I still have my debug VM
> system and I'll keep it around a while longer in case you need anything
> else. Our production systems I had to revert back to MariaDB 5.5 in the
> meantime. So as you can imagine I'm rather motivated to see this fixed,
> with it blocking our upgrade path ;)
>
> Cheers and thanks a lot for your work so far!

Hey everyone!

I figure you are all busy with something so please excuse me for pestering you
again about this :)
Does anyone have an update on when a fix might be ready? What I tested back in
November looked rather promising. Only "obstacle" back then seemed to be, from
what I understood, how to backport the fix from 10.1 to 10.0. With the 10.0
branch now available over git (instead of bzr) this should be at least a bit
easier now too.

Grs,
Heinz