ourdelta-developers team mailing list archive

[Question #71691]: Removal of innodb freeze patch rationale?

Question #71691 on OurDelta changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ourdelta/+question/71691

Summary changed to:
Removal of innodb freeze patch rationale?

Description changed to:
I was wondering what the rationale for removing the innodb freeze patch in ourdelta-5.0.77-d8?
Was it that the percona hot backup tool was a better solution?

I'm asking because we were using freezing to make consistent binary
backups using LVM snapshot and multiple LVM database partitions (our
backups were not consistent without freezing first).  So we had a use
case that required freezing.

We had briefly tried a very early version of xtrabackup; it didn't work
for us at the time.

Anyway, this is one sites vote that the innodb freeze feature was
useful.

Thanks.

    Neil

OurDelta-developers, which is an answer contact for OurDelta.