p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: P2PSP Experiments

Hi,

>:

>  Hey there,
>
> Cristóbal, great work ;)
>
> Just for your information:  I downloaded Firefox-nightly (Firefox's
> developer's version) for testing purposes and none of the experiments are
> working. The first exp halts on the "Connecting" message. The second one
> shows me the Chrome warning message as expected and doesn't react when I
> press neither the Sender or Receiver button.
>
> Did you mean other Firefox version different from nightly?

No, it's ok. Firefox Nightly is the version for developers.

There are two problems:

1- It's necessary allow the use of Media Source Extensions in Nightly. You
can do it switching media.mediasource.enabled to true, write about:config
in URL field.

2- The source code is not prepared to support WebRTC in Firefox for now. It
is caused by the use of browser prefixes. For example, if you want to
create a new Peer Conection:

In Chrome: webkitRTCPeerConnection
In Firefox: mozRTCPeerConnection

It is a minor trouble, it's easy to fix. In addition, when it become a
standard, the correct form for the example will be: RTCPeerConnection. We
will need to change the code.

I think that probably now it is best experiment until to get a full version
of P2PSP protocol and then we can work on compatibility with other browsers.

> Cheers!

Thank you for your feedback,
Regards!