p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: GSoC 15 idea: Multiplatform source video

Hi Mariano,

welcome to the P2PSP project!

Although the implementation of a video source that can stream Theora or
WebM content is not directly related to the P2PSP, it would be a fantastic
tool for us because the P2PSP needs a server such as Icecast because the
P2PSP does not understand nothing about the media and this server (Icecast)
controls the flow in order to not congest the receivers (peers +  players).
Notice also that this sub-project could be also used for many other
applications, different of the P2PSP.

As you tell us, and as far as I know, Android does not support
Theora/Vorbis :-( So, the WebM could be a feasible solution, although the
Theora/Vorvis solution is our final objective. You should know that some
initial attempts to use this codec (WebM) were unsuccessful.  I don't know
now the reasons, but I'll write back explaining more, as soon as possible.

So, your "draft" makes sense. Please, go ahead.

Regards,
Vicente.

--
Vicente González Ruiz