p2psp team mailing list archive

Re: GSoC 15 idea: Multiplatform source video

Hi Vicente,

Thanks for your welcome and your explanation!

Yes, I am totally aware of the relation of the app with P2PSP (and the
benefits that this could bring to a lot of other projects too). That was
one of my doubts which was answered by Juan Alvaro. He also told me that
you have been trying to encode to Ogg from Android with no success, so
probably a good next step would be to keep working on WebM, due to the
limitations of Icecast2. I think we may have more luck here because VP8
encoding is supported by Android (still remains the audio issue).

Anyway, if we can manage to deliver the app with the necessary codecs,
using some external library, I think that we can aim to both formats (WebM
and Ogg).

I will continue working these days. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of
free time this week, but I'll put here any useful resource that I find. I
also wait for any information that you have regarding this topic.

I'll keep you updated!
Best regards!
--
Mariano Finochietto