Re: Kubuntu and One Hundred Paper Cuts

Jonathan,

On 22 December 2012 13:04, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> nobody has gone as far as saying it wouldn't have any users.

It was not my intention to belittle the reach Kubuntu has achieved around
the world today, nor the work you and the other developers have put into
building both the system and the community around it. My remark was botched
in it's wording and inappropriate in it's implication. It was insulting to
Kubuntu, to the people who use it, to the people who develop it and of
course, to you. I should never have used the size of the userbase as a
reason to not support Kubuntu in the project.

You're right the the paper cuts project has done nothing for Kubuntu, and
I'm sorry this has been the case. Kubuntu being added to the target list of
candidate paper cuts coincided with the start of the decline of the
original project so it hasn't done much for Ubuntu either since then. I've
inherited the project as it stood two years ago and I'm simply trying to
reconcile the decisions Canonical made back then with the need to build a
strong and healthy project that's run by and for the community that will
last longer than two cycles.

Once again, I'm sorry for insulting Kubuntu and all the work yourself and
the other developers have put into it. I'm glad Kubuntu has found a new
commercial sponsor and I wish you all the best with the future of the
project.

Thanks,
Chris