Re: Kubuntu and One Hundred Paper Cuts

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:02:50AM +0000, Chris Wilson wrote:
>    Hey Ninjas (and Jonathan),
>    What do people think of dropping support for Kubuntu within the One
>    Hundred Paper Cuts project? I personally would prefer to do so for the
>    following reasons:
>    * I feel it is very unlikely that the 'average user' will be using Kubuntu
>    in as significant numbers as they could be using Ubuntu. If any *buntu
>    flavour is going to be adopted by my mother, it'll be Ubuntu.

Canonical has been trying to restrict Kubuntu's activities for the last year but it has always been dressed in management bullshit language, nobody has gone as far as saying it wouldn't have any users.  I was hired by Canonical to make it into a successful community made project and that's what I did, with a community of supporters who are individuals and companies and users from the slums of Kano to the world's biggest desktop Linux rollout in Brazil.  Paper cuts has never done anything on Kubuntu bugs so you can take the project and fuck off.

Merry Christmas

Jonathan