Kubuntu and One Hundred Paper Cuts

Hey Ninjas (and Jonathan),

What do people think of dropping support for Kubuntu within the One Hundred
Paper Cuts project? I personally would prefer to do so for the following
reasons:

* I feel it is very unlikely that the 'average user' will be using Kubuntu
in as significant numbers as they could be using Ubuntu. If any *buntu
flavour is going to be adopted by my mother, it'll be Ubuntu.
* Ubuntu and Kubuntu and both built on different graphical toolkits (GTK
and Qt respectively). We need to focus our efforts so that we can maximise
the impact of our work, and by splitting our work between Ubuntu and
Kubuntu we reduce the overall impact we have on Ubuntu users. Basically,
more work and knowledge will be required to perform significant work on
both at once.
* The original reason for including it was that it was that it was an
official project supported by Canonical. That is no longer the case putting
it in the same league as Lubuntu and Xubuntu, which we already don't
support.
* If we support distros that are related to, but not, Ubuntu, then where
does that stop. Do we start supporting Mint or other derivatives?
Supporting Kubuntu would make it hard to justify not doing so.

I wish all free software project could get all the support they needed, but
when it comes down to it, there simply isn't enough to go around. I think
we need to focus on Ubuntu and nothing else, and I think that if Kubuntu
wants any of it's bugs targeted as paper cuts, then it needs to form it's
own paper cuts project. Given that we're currently small in number, neither
distro is going to benefit greatly if we give equal attention to both
Ubuntu and Kubuntu.

What do people think of this idea?

Jonathan, as lead developer of Kubuntu, I'd be very interested in hearing
what you have to say.

Thanks,
Chris

Follow ups