Meetings

Hey Ninjas,

Before responding to this, I would suggest reading all the other threads
I've started in the last 24 hours, just to get yourself up to date.

I'd like to get regular meetings on the go as soon as possible. I think
there's been a few failures to communicate effectively, all of which are my
own fault, and I think this can be rectified if we have regular
face-to-face meetings with each other and talk about any ideas we have for
the project before actually going ahead with them and having to backpedal
later :P

These meetings are where we'll decide important things such as changing
milestones or updating the definition of a paper cut. In order for these
decisions to be considered "official", I think we need to have some rules.
These are ones I'm coming up with now, and if you have any better ideas
then please chime in.

   - For a meeting to proceed, a quorum or at least 25%, rounding up, of
   active members of the Papercutters team must be present throughout. This
   mean that just now, with 9 active members, we would need at least three
   present for a meeting to proceed. An active members is defined, according
   to Launchpad, as a someone whose membership comes from joining the team
   directly, rather than through membership or some other team.
   - All decision must be ratified by a vote of all attendees, with a
   simple majority being required to pass. In the case of a tie, the project
   leader has a casting vote.
   - The time and venue of a meeting must be announced no less than 7 full
   days prior to it starting.
   - The agenda must be frozen no less than 12 hours prior to the start of
   the meeting.
   - Only active members of the Papercutters team may cast a vote, and each
   member shall have a single vote.
   - Teams who are active members of the Papercutters team do not count for
   quorum and have no votes to cast.

These are just ones I've come up with off the top of my head. What do
people think of the idea of formalising the way the project is run, kinda
like having our own little constitution? It might not seem like we need it
right now, but if we grow to, say 15 active contributors, I think we're
going to need them and it would be a good idea to sort it out early.

What do people think of this?

Chris