Re: I'm still here :)

Both sound like good ideas to me

________________________________
 From: Chris Wilson <notgary@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Ubuntu Papercuts Ninjas <papercuts-ninja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, 11 February 2013 11:58 PM
Subject: [Papercuts-ninja] I'm still here :)

Sorry I've not been very active here over the past month or two. Real life has conspired to drag me by the scruff of my neck over to other things it deems more important, so I've not had a lot of time for paper cuts :(

I'm hopeful that this week will be the end of all that and I can get back into this. I've got some ideas that I've come up with during this downtime that I've not had time to do anything about, so if anyone's interested in kicking things off, here they are:

== Review all the closed paper cuts (those marked as invalid) ==
One of the things that came up early on was that a lot of paper cuts were being closed because of a (mine) very strict interpretation of the definition of a paper cut. That means there's a lot of potentially very good paper cuts in this list of over 1500 closed reports.

== Work with the bug squad to find new paper cuts ==
The bug squad have regular events called 'hug days', where they all get together and give a particular package a hug. On these days, they go through the entire list of bugs and make sure they're getting some attention. We could work with them on these days when they're looking at packages that affect us - if they forward us potential paper cuts then we can help triage the bug in Ubuntu.

How does this sound to people? Got any ideas of your own?

Chris