pbxt-discuss team mailing list archive

PBXT testing with Drizzle and the randgen

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to see if you had any interest in helping to set up PBXT to run
with our randgen tests.  While I had the time to get some BlitzDB tests up
and running - testing interaction with the optimizer + nasty JOINs (like 20+
tables).

Anyway, I am a bit tied up with our transaction log / replication and
drizzledump migration testing.  However, if any of you guys have the time
and interest to invest in learning the randgen, I'm more than willing to
answer any and all questions.

If you want to see how we set up BlitzDB, you can check out the .yy
(grammar) and .zz (data generation) files labled randgen/conf/drizzle/*mix*:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~randgen/randgen/rqg2/files/head%3A/conf/drizzle/

We also have a bit of config stuff to enable the BlitzDB plugin in
drizzle-automation's randgen config file:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~drizzle-automatons/drizzle-automation/trunk/annotate/head%3A/drizzle/automation/config/randgen/randgen.cnf

Not trying to make work for you guys, but I thought you could benefit from
having PBXT being tested even more in our automated system and that some
people might want to learn more about testing with the tool - it is
amazing.  You can see Paul's thoughts on it in the comments here:
http://www.wc220.com/?p=30

Though our intent is to polish not to kill software ; )

Feel free to contact me if you are interested via email or IRC in #drizzle.

Thanks,
-Patrick