pbxt-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: State of PBXT

> Perhaps but I assume you're not running Facebook on DropBox :) Certainly there is still interesting use cases for RDBMS's and the engines therein. InnoDB has caught up so much that PBXT no longer has the edge, but I still find it very interesting. Were Paul to have the resources InnoDB does, I suspect PBXT would be significant.

I agree with you. If there were more resources behind PBXT it could
have been very interesting. I don't know how much of it is
log-structured compared to the original design but I was very
interested in that. I blame myself and others who didn't have time to
help Paul get this to market. I suspect that PBXT still has advantages
compared to InnoDB on multi-core servers.

--
Mark Callaghan
mdcallag@xxxxxxxxx